Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Kids Say the Darnest Things

On Drew's second day of pre-school Colleen walked him into his class. She was stopped by a friend and neighbor, Kelly who is the aide for the preschool and told Colleen she had to tell her something Drew did yesterday in the hall. Colleen thought to herself oh MY! what did he do. Drew saw Father Dennis in the hallway and told Kelly he needed to talk to him (mind you Drew is 3-1/2). So Kelly let him go and Drew tapped Father on the leg. He looked up at him and said I didn't know you were going to be here. What a hoot! He sees him in church and I guess didn't expect to see him at school. I was hoping to post a pic but have to wait and get one off of Colleen's camera cause Drew wasn't cooperating with me yesterday. Much too excited I guess.
And tonite they were looking at pictures and he saw a pic of me. Beth told me he put it up to his cheek and then told her he wanted to call Nana. It brought me to tears. It's nice to know he misses me as much as I miss having him. I will only have him one day a week after Colleen goes back to work in late October. But I will
have my hands full with litle Logan. I enjoy having this time off but I miss him too. Take care and God Bless.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such an awesome grandmother! PS: Thanks again!

Kelly said...

Awwwww so sweet about the picture of you, gosh that would bring tears to your eyes.

~blessings,
Kelly

Theresa Tyree said...

Deb, I posted a pic of me with my new do. Now where's yours? Am I gonna have to do a photo shoot of the new do? Hee hee...

Dettao said...

Aww, so sweet. gotta love those grandkids

Norma Jean Blankenship said...

you will miss drew but you will have a chance to get to know your new grandson.how awesome.scrap scrap scrap.lol