Monday, July 16, 2007

Tried Something New


Went on a friend's blog the other night and saw that she had done a 6 x 12 lo so I thought I would mess around and try to do one too. The above is what turned out. It's a picture of my family's summer cabin when I was much much younger. The journaling that came from the picture is childhood memories, hot days for swimming, late night card games, summer vacation, ghost stories and comic books. I still think it needs something but can't put my finger on what it is. I recall so many fond memories of a place long gone. I might decide to add more journaling on the back to tell my kids and their kids what the little cabin met to me. I showed Dennis(my dh) the picture while we sat on the couch during Drew's nap this afternoon and we both remembered special things from our childhood for close to an hour. It was so nice to have some quiet just for us.
Thanks for the inspiration, Detta!
Take care and God Bless!

5 comments:

Theresa Tyree said...

I love that this hobby caused you and Denny to bond with each other over a layout. That's the ultimate! Did you know that I was able to click on your layout to see it blown up? I was able to read your journaling strips. I LOVE this layout! I can't wait to try this 6x12 format! I don't think it needs a thing.

Amy Birch said...

This is beautiful, Debbie! I don't think it needs anything else at all! I love how large the picture is and how many great memories it conjures up for you!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this, Debbie...great page, great colors, really cool! I think the 6x 12 is intriguing, too. Might have to check it out.

Cheryl Wray said...

Love your layout!! What a great topic to do a page about!

Dettao said...

Wonderful job, Debbie. It is just perfect. Don't add a thing. I think what is best about this size is that you can make a minimum of product look so great. I've got plans to do more.